MY OFFICIAL WITHDRAWAL OF MEMBERSHIP
Asmá 13, 157 B.E.
Even though the content of the letters and manuscripts which I composed and sent to the Auxiliary Board Member for Protection and other official addresses of the Heterodox Bahá'í administration during the past two years vividly articulated my personally held belief that the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha' must, by deeds and application, be recognized as the Charter of the New World Order, the Child of the Covenant, not merely by words or in theory, I have received no official word from the Heterodox Baha'i administration concerning my membership within that Baha'i community, namely membership #137661, Ross W. A. Campbell.
The Maxwell Pilgrim Notes of Jan.-Mar. 1937 speak of the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah, as the "spiritual testament" of the first of our Guardians, Shoghi Effendi:
"There was a danger that the friends might misunderstand the Master's Will, and thus the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah was written, Shoghi Effendi's spiritual testament in detail. He has fixed in it the relations of things to each other. We cannot go beyond what he has defined. However, the second Guardian can interpret the "Dispensation" itself. He has the same promise to be the inspired interpreter. The Guardian is the interpreter, expounder of the Cause and the protector of the Cause."...
"The Guardian can overrule a decision of the International House of Justice if he conscientiously feels it is not in accord with the teachings. This is the interpretive right. The second part of his part of his work is participation in the legislative body. All endowments, international and local, are to be deferred to the International House of Justice. The Guardian has no right whatsoever in these matters. He has the Huquq...."
Of course, the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah eloquently speaks for itself, clearly defining the position of the Guardians in God's Kingdom on Earth, which will be brought to accomplishment by mankind's obedience to the Charter of the New World Order, the Will and Testament of `Abdu'l-Bahá, the Child of the Covenant.
The continuing disobedience to that sacred Child of the Covenant, by the current Heterodox Bahá'í administration leaves me no alternative other than to officially withdraw my membership (#137661) as Bahá'í under the current Heterodox administration, while simultaneously presenting again the document which I sent to many addresses of Bahá'ís under the current Heterodox administration, which manuscript expresses my submission to the 3rd Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith:
Dear friends, It was mutually agreed between myself and a group of Heterodox Bahá'í believers which met together for discussion this afternoon and evening, that I should send out the attached statement openly declaring my submission to the 3rd Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith, Joel Bray Marangella. It is correct that I here briefly include my reasons for that submission to the Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith and they are these:
1. I have come to understand and believe that the Bahá'í Faith MUST have a Guardian living on Earth amongst us, because the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Bahá, which was identified by the first Guardian of the Faith, Shoghi Effendi, as "the Charter of the New World Order", provides for a Guardian.
2. I have believed and understand what Shoghi Effendi wrote on page 4 of The World Order of Bahá'u'lláh, that the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Bahá and Bahá'u'lláh's Most Holy Book, the Kitab-i-Aqdas, "are inseparable parts of one complete unit", and thus the Will and Testament is Bahá'í Holy Text, which only the Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith is Divinely Authorized to interpret, no other person or group.
3. Concerning the Universal House of Justice, the Will and Testament says: "the guardian of the Cause of God is its sacred head and the distinguished member for life of that body." The Will and Testament contains no thought or expression authorizing a headless Universal House of Justice.
4. The first Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith, Shoghi Effendi, on page 56 of The Dispensation of Bahá'u'lláh wrote about "...instruments...which must for all time preserve the unity of the organized followers of the Faith of Bahá'u'lláh". I believe that the Guardianship of the Bahá'í Faith, as defined and provided for in the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Bahá, is one of those "instruments", even an essential one.
5. I fully believe that the provision in the Will and Testament of `Abdu'l-Bahá for not only a living Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith, but also for the institution the Hands of the Cause, appointed exclusively by the Guardian, as defined in the Will and Testament, is a provision, the neglect or rejection of which, seriously violates the Sacred Plan of Bahá'u'lláh for the Administration of the New World Order, as outlined and defined by that "Charter of the New World Order", the immortal "Child of the Covenant", the Will and Testament of `Abdu'l-Bahá.
Having discussed these matters with the Heterodox believers this afternoon and evening, they wrote a declaration which I signed, and it is as follows, with one additional expression here included as indicated:
I Ross Campbell would like to declare before all that I have accepted Joel Bray Marangella as the 3rd Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith, appointed by the 2nd Guardian of the Bahá'í Faith, Charles Mason Remey. Therefore, I also must believe that your UHJ established on Mt. Carmel in 1963, and all of the Hands of the Cause of God (of the large body of Baha'is, [my additional expression]) except Charles Mason Remey, are Covenant-breakers.
Ross W. A. Campbell, 1st day of Ayyam-i-Ha, Mulk, 156 B.E.
On the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith:
Also, please read the excommunication from the Heterodox tradition of the Bahá'í Faith made by the Universal House of Justice.